The Price Match Guarantee (PMG) is honored when the competitor's product meets all of the following criteria:
- Only regular, advertised prices will be condsidered. This means the competitor's product's price is not a sale, promotion, clearance, special quote or other non-regular price and can be accessed online for verification.
- The comparison product must the same as ours. This means it has to be identical based on the following criteria:
- size / weight / thickness
- base material ( e.g. Zinc vs. Iron, Pewter vs. Stainless Steel)
- finish (e.g. brass vs. gold)
- treatment (e.g. machine polish vs. hand polish)
- manufacturing process (e.g. cast vs. stamped)
- decorating method (e.g. imitation hard enamel vs. Cloisonné)
- set up (e.g. single sided vs. double sided, 4 colors vs. 1 color)
- components / add-ons
- import method (e.g. air vs. sea)
- If the comparison product is determined to be eligible, the final price is arrived at by amortizing the extra charges—such as artwork, die, set up, tool, copy change and/or any other extra charge— into the unit price.
example: the competition sells 500 1'' die-struck pins with standard options for $3.00 (A) + $80 (G) die charge + $60 (G) set up.
$1.50 + (($64 + $48) ÷ 500) = $1.73 ==> comparison product's price
Using the above example, if $1.73 is less than our product's price, the PMG price for your order would be $1.73 - 10% or $1.56.